Friday, August 22, 2008


1:3 Concerning his Son who was descended from David according to the flesh
The more I read and memorize Romans the more and more I am convinced Paul was really focusing the message of this letter for Jewish Christians. This verse shows us who is at the center of the Gospel of God, God's Son. The reason I said that I am more and more convinced that this letter is to Jews is because this Son was a descendant of David, and I don't know how important that would be to a gentile before conversion but to a Jew it would be huge.
David was one of the greatest kings of Israel with a promise from God. 2 Samuel 7:11b-13 Moreover, the LORD declares to you that the LORD make you a house. 12 When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
Jesus is God fulfilling his promise to David. He is not only the son of David but he is also the Son of God. Dear heavenly Father please touch the Jews so that they may see your Son who is descended from David your servant!!!!
Thank you Lord Jesus for giving me Kendra as a wife.

1 comment:

Heath Clan said...

I love your insights sir.

Are you really, really thankful?

love,
me